This publication presents the synthetic results of the Survey of children's cultural consumption and practices 2007–2008, whose main aim is to obtain statistical information on the consumption and practice of cultural activities and their place in the leisure and lifestyles of children aged from 6 to 14 years, and also the characteristics of these activities, the context they appear in and their intergenerational reproduction.
The Survey of children's cultural consumption and practices 2007-2008 was conducted by Idescat, the Department of Culture and Media and the Department of Education.
The information published in this book is classified into the following chapters:
- Going to libraries, museums, exhibitions and monuments
- Listening to music and going to concerts
- Going to the cinema
- Going to the theatre, dance shows and the circus
- Practice of other cultural activities
- Watching television and listening to the radio
- Use of information and communication technologies
- Free time, extra-curricular activities
- Cultural socialisation of children
For further information please consult the Survey on Consumption and Cultural Practices.