|Source: Consell Català de l'Esport.|
Date published: January 9, 2019.Statistics EESP
The Law of Sports of Catalonia states that municipalities are responsible for keeping an updated inventory consisting of the name and characteristics of the sports facilities existing within their confines.
As a result, a series of concepts must be considered:
- Sports Venues are places adapted for the pursuit of any given type of physical or sports activities.
- Sports Facilities are sports-oriented spaces built expressly for doing sport.
- Sports Activity Area is used for areas whose environment or facilities which are not specifically sports-related are used for doing sport.
- Conventional Sports Venue refers to a well-defined model having specific dimensions.
- Unique Sports Venue refers to a configuration that largely depends on the shape of the terrain or the design of the sports venue itself.
Since 2017, the CEEC (Sports Facilities Census in Catalonia) has included private residential and tourist installations (neighbourhood communities, hotels, campsites, rural houses, etc.). In parallel to the increase in the number of outdoor pools, many tennis courts and, to a lesser extent, sports courts were added to the CEEC in 2017. The above are the three chief kinds of sports facilities located within residential and tourist installations.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
Culture · Language
- Publishing production
- Cinema: Halls, audiences and takings
- Sports facilities
- Knowledge of Catalan
- Language uses of the Population. First language, language of identification and habitual language
- Language uses of the Population. By areas of use
- Exclusive use of Catalan. By areas of use
- Knowledge of languages: Catalan, Spanish, English and French
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory