|Current quarter||Forecast for the next twelve months||Previous quarter|
|Companies' export prices||-25.2||-24.7||-13.8|
|International prices in the sector||-31.1||-30.0||-11.6|
|Commercial trade margin for company exports||-43.0||-42.4||-36.2|
|Units: Answers balances.|
|Source: Ministry for Business and Knowledge.|
|Note: The data for the second quarter of 2020 are affected by Royal Decree 463/2020, of 14 March, whereby a state of alarm is declared for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19.|
Last update: December 11, 2020. Next update: December 11, 2020Statistics CLEX
The Survey on the export climate in Catalonia is a quarterly qualitative statistical operation which gathers business opinion about expectations and change in various short-term aspects of exports.
The survey uses a panel of 600 Catalan exporter companies. The sample is selected by random stratified sampling based on the companies' economic activity sector and their export turnover.
The sector disaggregation used in the survey is a classification into 13 economic activity groups, 5 sectors by the economic destination of the goods and 5 sections by the value of the companies' exports. The main variables in these statistics are: order books, companies' export prices, international prices in the sector, the commercial trade margin for company exports and the Forecast of exports.
For the survey's main indicators, there is a balance calculated as the difference between the percentages of positive and negative responses.
From the 2nd quarter of 2020, the production and diffusion of this survey is conducted by the Ministry of Business and Knowledge.
From 2001 to 2009, the survey is the result of a cooperation agreement between the Foreign Markets Monitoring Centre-Trade Promotion of Catalonia Consortium and Idescat. From 2010 to 2012, the survey was diffused by ACC1Ó. Between 2013 and the first quarter of 2020, the survey was conducted by the Observatory of Work and Production Model.
Available tables [+]
- Culture · Language
- Household income and expenditure
- Companies · Finances
Foreign investment and trade
- Exports. By economic destination of the goods
- Exports. By activity branches
- Exports. By geographical areas and countries
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Imports. By economic destination of the goods
- Imports. By activity branches
- Imports. By geographical areas and countries
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Export Climate
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By country areas
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By main markets
- Index of the Revealed Competitiveness of the Industry. By main markets
- Foreign Investment. By activity branches
- Foreign Investment. By geographical areas
- Investment abroad. By activity branches
- Investment abroad. By geographical areas
- Research · Technology
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy