|Source Catalonia: Idescat. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
Last update: February 12, 2019.
The unemployment rate represents unemployed persons as a percentage of the labour force. The labour force is the total number of people employed and unemployed. Both the numerator and the denominator come from the Labour Force Survey.
Unemployed persons are all persons 15 to 74 years of age who were not employed during the reference week, who had actively sought work during the four weeks prior to the survey and were ready to begin working immediately or within two weeks (of the survey).
In the case of Catalonia and Spain, unemployed and employed persons are 16 to 74 years of age.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Active population from 15 to 64 years of age
- Activity rate from 15 to 64 years of age. By sex
- Employment from 15 to 64 years of age. By sectors
- Employment rate from 20 to 64 years of age. By sex
- Employment rate from 55 to 64 years of age. By sex
- Dispersion of regional employment rates. By sex
- Unemployment rate. By sex
- Unemployment rate. Less than 25 years
- Long-term unemployment rate. By sex
- Growth in the per-unit labour cost
- Population aged 0 to 17 in jobless households
- Population aged 18 to 59 in jobless households. By sex
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory