- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Demography · Society
- Employed population
- Salaried working population. By type of contract and sex
Salaried working population. By type of contract and sex. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- People employed
- People aged 16 years or more that have done paid work for at least one hour during the week of reference, by their own account or for another party, including those people who are temporarily out of work but expecting reincorporation. There is also the salaried employed population sub-group which is obtained by classifying the population according to their professional situation.
The Active Population Survey (EPA) is the main source of information about the labour market. The EPA is a sample-based research study of an ongoing nature conducted on a quarterly basis throughout Spain by the INE. The data presented in the Yearbook, however, corresponds to the national averages of of the quarterly results in relation to the following concepts:
- active population
- activity rate
- employed population
- employment rate
- unemployed population
- unemployment rate
The Idescat produces an extension of the annual results of the EPA that enables more detailed analysis of these variables and by specific groups:
- employed population (by type of working day, by time in current job)
- salaried working population
- type of household in accordance with the relations its members have with economic activity
Agriculture and industry terms refer to sections A (agriculture, livestock, forestry and fishing) and BE (mining and quarrying, manufacturing, energy, water and waste) of the NACE.
Until 2007 economic activity is classified according to the Catalan classification of economic activities 1993 Revision 1 (CCAE Rev.1). From 2008, in accordance with the new CCAE-2009.
The data for the 2002-2013 period was revised in May 2014 since the new reference population figures from the Population and Housing Census 2011 and the introduction of new criteria in the calibration of the expansion factors have made it necessary to recalculate the Active Population Survey series for the period in question. Further information at: Active Population Survey. Review 2005-2013 series.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".