Definition of concepts
- Agricultural machinery
- Set of machines used by agricultural operations as traction elements for working and harvesting the land.
The purposes of the Official Register of Agricultural Machinery (ROMA), which is associated to the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food, are:
- Determination of the scope of the operative fleet of agricultural machinery in Catalonia.
- Statistical monitoring of the agricultural machinery market.
- Control and inspection of agricultural machinery.
- Collection of information in order to establish actions in relation to agricultural machinery.
These registers must record all machines that are used in agricultural activity (arable, livestock or forestry) that comply with legal standards and belong to one of the following groups: farm tractors, power cultivators, farm trucks and other automated agricultural machinery, towed agricultural machinery and tow vehicles. Machines classified or defined on their vehicle inspection certificate (in Catalonia, ITV certificate) as works and services vehicles are not included, and neither are machines and equipment used in the agro-food industry (Royal Decree 1013/2009, of June 19, on the characterisation and registration of agricultural machinery, of 15/07/2009. BOE no. 170).
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".