- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Demography · Society
- Staff of the Public Administration
- Generalitat de Catalunya. By type of bodies and sex
Personnel of the Generalitat de Catalunya. By type of bodies and sex. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Public law entity of an associative and voluntary nature, with its own legal personality and the capacity to create and manage services that are instrumented by means of cooperation between public administrations or non-profit-making private entities for purposes concurrent with those of the Administration, as long as this cooperation cannot be conducted through agreements or other forms of collaboration and as long as a financial contribution is required from all of the entities in the consortium.
- Each of the administrative units into which the Government is organised by reason of functional specialisation and that, as a whole, make up the Government of Catalonia's Administration, the senior management of which corresponds to a minister appointed by the President of the Government of Catalonia. The number, name and competences of the ministries are determined by decree of the president of the Government of Catalonia. The ministries are structured by general or sectorial secretaries, general managements, the relevant commissioners and the remaining active bodies in accordance with hierarchical criteria.
- Public company
- Aggregate concept that includes public law entities that are subject to the private legal system and mercantile companies in which there is majority involvement of the Government of Catalonia or its dependent entities.
- Public entities of the Government of Catalonia
- Aggregate concept that includes staff associated to autonomous administrative entities, autonomous mercantile and financial entities, the Taxation Agency of Catalonia, the Legal Advisory Commission, the Catalan Health Service, the Catalan Health Institute, the Catalan Institute for Care and Social Services and the Government of Catalonia staff associated to the Consortium of Social Services of Barcelona and the Barcelona Education Consortium.
- Non-profit organization formed by one or several founders by affecting some goods or economic rights and the destination of their income or resources obtained by other means to pursue tasks of general interest. The foundation acquires definitive legal personality with the registration of the founding charter in the Register of Foundations from the Ministery of Justice.
The data on staff of Catalan public administrations is taken from the Ministry for Digital Policy and Public Administration via theSpace for the Analysis of Public Employment in order to generate and foster the production of empirical, quantitative and qualitative data on public employment in Catalonia.
The Databank on Public Employment contains statistics since 2004 on the number of staff employed by Catalan Public Administrations: Government of Catalonia, Local Administration, universities, parliamentary entities and independent bodies.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".