The main objective of the Statistics on Household Consumer Expenditures is to provide information on the scope, structure and distribution of household consumer expenditure. It also provides information on the consumed physical amounts of certain food products and energy sources.
Expenditure is presented classified according to the Classification of the Functions of Individual Consumption (COICOP/HBS) until 2015. From 2016 onwards, the European Classification of the Functions of Individual Consumption (ECOICOP) is used. These two classifications are not entirely comparable.
These statistics are conducted upon the basis of the Family Budget Survey carried out each year by the INE. Idescat processes this data in detail on a yearly basis, expanding the results for Catalonia.
In other sections
Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Annual expenditure. By expenditure groups
- Annual expenditure. By size of municipality
- Annual expenditure. By size of household
- Annual expenditure. By composition of the household
- Annual expenditure. By sex and age of the main breadwinner
- Annual expenditure. By level of education of the main breadwinner
- Annual expenditure. In relation to the activity of the main breadwinner