|Residents that work total=" (a)"||Residents that work in the county/area=" (b)"||Residents that work outside the county/area=" (c)"||Residents that work in more than one municipality||Non residents that work in the county/area=" (d)"||Total that work in the county/area=" (e) = (b)+ (d)"||Difference=" (f) = (e)- (a)"|
|Alta Ribagorça||1,875||1,308||360||207||.. Confidential data, low reliability or not available||1,332||-543|
|Conca de Barberà||8,332||5,875||1,625||833||2,346||8,221||-111|
|Pla de l'Estany||14,096||8,791||3,977||1,328||2,588||11,379||-2,717|
|Camp de Tarragona||201,200||168,973||13,725||18,502||8,713||177,686||-23,514|
|Terres de l'Ebre||68,396||55,369||5,713||7,314||2,353||57,722||-10,674|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||33,382||24,924||4,372||4,086||1,401||26,324||-7,058|
|Source: Idescat, based on the Population and Housing Censuses INE's.|
|Note: The Population and Housing Census 2011 includes survey data. The results have been conveniently rounded up and are shown without decimals. Hence, some totals may not coincide with the sum of their disaggregation.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Definition of concepts
- People employed
- People aged 16 years or more that have done paid work for at least one hour during the week of reference, by their own account or for another party, including those people who are temporarily out of work but expecting reincorporation. There is also the salaried employed population sub-group which is obtained by classifying the population according to their professional situation.
The population census is defined as the series of operations that consist of collecting, summarizing, evaluating, analysing and publishing data of a demographic, cultural, economic and social nature of the country's inhabitants and its political-administrative divisions at a given point in time. This operation is aimed at persons residing in dwellings (whether family dwellings or accommodation) or in collective establishments (hotels, residences, nursing homes, etc.).
Censuses are exhaustive counts of the population and all respondents are required to answer them accurately. Censuses are protected and their data can only be disseminated as aggregate numerical information.
The questionnaires used in the various censuses and local censuses have not always included the same questions or the same items and, therefore, there may be variations from one year to another.
The Population and Housing Censuses 2011 are a state-wide statistical operation conducted by the National Statistical Institute (INE) and that is being undertaken for the first time by European mandate. The reference date is November 1, 2011. The Statistical Institute of Catalonia (Idescat) has collaborated with the INE in the design phase of the project, supporting the communication campaign in Catalonia and participating in the treatment of information on certain census variables.
Data of the population by relationship with the activity are presented, which included information about the profession, the professional situation, the branch of activity and the activity sector. Furthermore, unpaid work data was also incorporated.
In the various statistical operations the item "employed" was not always the same. Comparability of data from the last two censuses is affected by the mismatch of the different options in response to the question regarding the activity; thus, in 2011 the options "household chores" and "receiving some kind of teaching and/or training" do not exist, as they are formulated in separate questions.
For the year 2011, the Catalan Classification of Economic Activities 2009 (CCAE-2009) and the Catalan Classification of Occupations (CCO-2011) have been used.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Active and inactive population
- Persons in employment. By sex. Provinces
- Employment rate. By sex. Provinces
- Persons in employment. By age groups and sex
- Employment rate. By age groups and sex
- Persons in employment. By sectors. Provinces
- Persons in employment. By type of day and sex
- Persons in employment. By time in current job and sex
- Salaried working population. Private and public sector. By sex
- Salaried working population. By type of contract and sex
- Persons in employment. By branches of activity. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By professional situation and sex. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By professional groups. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By residence and workplace. Counties and Aran, and areas
- Affiliations to Social Security General Regime. By sectors. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Registered foreign workers affiliated to Social Security. By sex and type of scheme. Provinces
- Unemployed population
- Labour relations
- Work contracts and promotion of employment
- Staff of the Public Administration
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory