|Conca de Barberà||55||3,700||320||2,355||6,430|
|Pla de l'Estany||270||4,365||870||5,725||11,230|
|Camp de Tarragona||670||33,500||11,840||143,920||189,925|
|Terres de l'Ebre||955||8,910||3,335||29,255||42,450|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||335||1,470||1,905||17,460||21,170|
|Source: Idescat, based on the affiliation files and contribution accounts of the Social Security General Fund.|
|(p) Provisional data.|
Definition of concepts
- Worker affiliated to the Social Security system
- Person that exercises a labour activity in exchange for payment that is affiliated to the general Social Security scheme and the special scheme for mining and coal workers that are working or in similar situations to being working such as temporary incapacity, suspended by reasons of redundancy, partially unemployed, etc. Not included are workers that are fully unemployed, workers with special agreements, workers for companies covered by restructuring plans and workers receiving aid in the form of early retirement payments or in other situations that do not have an effect on contributions. The same person is accounted for as many times as they have situations in which they contribute, whether they have several labour activities in a single regime or in various.
Affiliation to the Social Security System is compulsory for all people in the Social Security's field of application and unique for the lifetime of the worker and for the entire System. That is to say, a person who is working signs up when they begin their working life and registers in one of the Systems schemes; the affiliation is done only once, notwithstanding the various periods when they are working or not working during their working life. Affiliations to the various Social Security schemes correspond to situations which give rise to the obligation to contribute; that is, one person is counted as many times as their situations, either on the same or different schemes.
Affiliations of workers affiliated with the general Social Security scheme and the special scheme for coal miners are published on 31 December, based on the Location of Affiliates' Contribution Account. The information comes from the statistical treatment of the affiliation file to the different Social Security schemes of the General Treasury of Social Security carried out by the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.
In the general scheme and the special scheme for coal miners, workers are grouped into contribution accounts. These accounts consist of a set of workers employed by others who carry out their work activity in one or various work centres of the same company, in the same province and, in general, carry out a similar main activity and have homogeneous characteristics with regard to their Social Security contributions.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Active and inactive population
- Persons in employment. By sex. Provinces
- Employment rate. By sex. Provinces
- Persons in employment. By age groups and sex
- Employment rate. By age groups and sex
- Persons in employment. By sectors. Provinces
- Persons in employment. By type of day and sex
- Persons in employment. By time in current job and sex
- Salaried working population. Private and public sector. By sex
- Salaried working population. By type of contract and sex
- Persons in employment. By branches of activity. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By professional situation and sex. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By professional groups. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. By residence and workplace. Counties and Aran, and areas
- Affiliations to Social Security General Regime. By sectors. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Registered foreign workers affiliated to Social Security. By sex and type of scheme. Provinces
- Unemployed population
- Labour relations
- Work contracts and promotion of employment
- Staff of the Public Administration
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory