|Slaughter of livestock||Destination of meat|
|Head slaughtered (units)||Carcass weight (tons)||Direct consumptions (tons)||Industrial consumption (tons)|
|Adult cattle (1)||15,576||4,703||3,567||1,136|
|Source: Ministry of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda.|
|- (1) Cows that have calved at least once.|
|- (2) Head slaughtered in thousands.|
Definition of concepts
- A type of fattening chicken bred and raised especially for meat production.
The data on macromagnitudes, surface area, machinery and head of livestock, as well as that on agricultural, livestock and forestry production, which is updated every year, is obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food.
The purpose of the Slaughter Statistics is to obtain information on the evolution of meat production in Catalonia by species and type of animal. Monthly information is obtained for the main livestock species, including cows, pigs, goats, poultry, rabbits and horses.
A complementary annual survey is conducted on cattle slaughtered in the previous year for any slaughterhouse not covered by the monthly survey.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Agricultural sector
- Livestock operations. By species
- Livestock operations. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Livestock units. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Head of livestock. By species
- Head of bovine livestock. Provinces
- Head of ovine and caprine livestock. Provinces
- Head of swine livestock. Provinces
- Head of livestock. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Milk production. Provinces
- Meat production. By species
- Production of eggs for consumption. Provinces
- Production of wool. By type. Provinces
- Production of honey and wax. Provinces
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Environment · Territory