|Computer (last 3 months)||Internet (last 3 months)||Email (last 3 months)||Online purchases (any time)|
|Conca de Barberà||83.0||96.1||83.5||69.0|
|Pla de l'Estany||85.9||96.2||83.0||70.8|
|Camp de Tarragona||84.3||96.2||84.1||72.5|
|Terres de l'Ebre||83.2||93.7||76.5||66.4|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||80.7||92.9||76.3||71.3|
|Units: % people aged 16 to 74 years.|
|Source: Idescat. Territorial Survey on ICT in Households.|
- for the use of computers and the Internet, it is the three months prior to the holding of the interview, and
- for the labour situation of the selected person, it is the week prior to the interview.
The Survey on the equipment and use of information and communication technologies in households (TIC-L) informs on the ICT equipment (television, landline telephone, mobile telephone, computer equipment, Internet connection) of households and the use that the population makes of computers, Internet and e-commerce. This is an annual sample-based survey conducted by the INE for the whole of Spain. On the basis of an agreement with the INE, Idescat expands upon the results offered by this operation for Catalonia. The information obtained is comparable with other autonomous communities, Spain and other countries.
The Territorial Survey of Information and Communication Technologies in Households (TICLT) is a sample based survey conducted by Idescat to complement the information provided by the Survey of the Equipment and Use of Information and Communication Technologies in Households (TIC-L) conducted by the INE and Idescat.The main objective of these statistics is the obtainment of territorial estimates (areas of the territorial plan and counties) for the most important ICT indicators in relation to equipment in households and the use that people make of the same, as well as results for Catalonia as a whole for current issues in relation to ICTs.
These statistics are annual until 2011. From that year on, the survey is biennial.
The population scope is people aged 16 years or more that reside in main family dwellings. Before 2007, the population scope included 15-year-olds.
The reference period for the results of the survey is the moment when interviews were held, except:íode de referència dels resultats de l'enquesta és el moment de realització de les entrevistes, excepte:
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Main aggregates
- Companies · Finances
- Public sector finance
- Foreign investment and trade
Research · Technology
- Research, development and innovation
Information and communications technology (ICT)
- Use of computer and use of Internet. By frequency and age groups
- Use of computers, use of Internet and availability of mobile phone among children aged 10 to 15 years. By place of use
- ICT equipment in households. By size of household
- ICT equipment in households. Counties and Aran, and areas
- Use of computer and Internet. Counties and Aran, and areas
- ICT equipment and e-commerce in companies. By size of company
- Main aggregates of information sector
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory