Commercial companies. Bankruptcy proceedings. By main activities (NACE)
|Agriculture and fishing||5||45||11.1|
|Industry and energy||135||545||24.8|
|Transport and storage||37||161||23.0|
|Information and communications||64||158||40.5|
|Financial and insurance assets||55||222||24.8|
|Professional and technical activities||72||288||25.0|
|Administrative activities and auxiliary services||72||222||32.4|
|Unclassified||0||0||z Category not applicable|
|Source: INE. Bankruptcy Proceedings Statistics.|
|Note: (p) Provisional data.|
|(z) Category not applicable.|
Last update: February 18, 2022.
Definition of concepts
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- When entities or companies in a situation of insolvency present their assets to a meeting of creditors. It is judicial bodies with responsibilities for mercantile affairs that receive and manage the files presented.
The statistics for insolvency proceedings drawn up by the INE replace the suspension of payments and bankruptcy declaration statistics, as the Insolvency (Reform) Organic Act 8/2003 and the Insolvency Act 22/2003 came into force on 1 September 2004, and la Llei 22/2003 concursal.
The data on bankruptcy proceedings is obtained from courts with competences regarding commercial issues: the geographical attribution is made on the basis of the place where these proceedings were initiated.These statistics are drawn up based on the information provided by a sample of courts across Spain in questionnaires in which they are asked about the characteristics of declared insolvencies.
Insolvency proceedings admitted/filed: proceedings filed by the debtor or the creditor of this debtor in the event of the insolvency of the company or a financial position in which the debtors obligations cannot be regularly met.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Main aggregates
Companies · Finances
- Companies and establishments on 1 January. By activity sectors and number of wage earners
- Companies on 1 January. By activity sectors and legal status
- Commercial companies. Bankruptcy proceedings. By main activities
- Commercial companies. Constitution. Provinces
- Commercial companies. Capital increase. Provinces
- Commercial companies. Dissolution. Provinces
- Foundations. By type of activity. Counties and Aran, and areas
- Associations. By type of activity. Counties and Aran, and areas
- Legal entities. By types
- Credit system
- Financial market
- Main aggregates of professional activities, administrative and other services
- Public sector finance
- Foreign investment and trade
- Research · Technology
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory