Cement. Consumption and import
|Consumption of cement||Imports||Clincker||Cement|
|2022 (p)||2,347.9||66.2||.. Confidential data, low reliability or not available||.. Confidential data, low reliability or not available|
|Units: Thousands of tons.|
|Source: Oficemen; Ciment Català.|
|(p) Provisional data.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Last update: February 9, 2023.
The consumption of cement is a very common indicator of construction sector activity, as its evolution is a global reflection of the cyclic dynamics of the sector.
Consumption of cement represents the real consumption of all types of cement (grey, white and calcium aluminate cements). The information is based on data for sales in Catalonia by all cement manufacturers operating in Spain and complemented by data on all types of materials imported and recorded by the General Direction of Customs as being destined for the Catalonia area; when this material is not cement but clinker, then this is corrected using the right factor.
Sales of grey cement refers to sales in Catalonia by manufacturers that are members of Ciment Català and there is no discrimination with respect to the place of manufacture as long as it is inside Spain. The definition of grey cement used here also includes calcium aluminate cements (CAC).
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
- Buildings started and surface area. By destination
- Buildings started. By destination. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings started. Surface area. By destination. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts. By type of building. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts. By projected surface area. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts with state subsidy. By type of subsidisation. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing completions. By type of building. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Rehabilitated and subsidised homes. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Cement. Production, sale and export
- Cement. Consumption and import
- Intensity of construction. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Construction costs index. By type of project
- Construction costs index. By type of project. Rate of change
- Official tender in construction. By contactor and type of project
- Official tender in construction. By contactor and type of project. Rate of change
- Mortgages. By type of property
- Housing market
- Main aggregates of the real estate sector
- Housing construction
- Industry · Energy
- Environment · Territory