|Business initiative||Social initiative||Public initiative||Total||Business initiative||Social initiative||Public initiative||Total|
|2015: Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.|
|2016-2019: Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.|
|2020-2022: Ministry of Social Rights.|
Definition of concepts
- Day centre for the elderly
- Specialised care centre that offers daytime placement and care services for the everyday lives over elderly people with major dependences. These services can be provided by a specific establishment or as an integral service within general care spaces and as part of the daily functional activities programme of a residence. They can be temporary or permanent. The beneficiaries are elderly people that need organisation, supervision and care in order to carry out everyday activities, and whose care is complemented by other care provided by their family or social environment.
- Specialised care social service
- Level of specific action aimed at the diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, support and rehabilitation of the social deficits of people belonging to collectives or segments of the population due to the singularity of their needs. These services are provided by specialised professionals and depending on different cases, may use community, daytime or residential services along with other adequate resources for said purpose.
The Catalan social services system is the coordinated set of personal services, facilities, activities, economic benefits and of prevention, care and social promotion in Catalonia, which aims to ensure the participation of all citizens in the benefits of social life. Is specifically designed for individuals, families or groups who, by having difficulties in the development and integration into society, lack of personal autonomy, physical, mental or sensory disabilities, family problems or suffer social marginalization, are creditors of collective and caring effort.
The system is divided functionally into primary care social services and social services of specialized care, and is organized territorially in key areas of social services, sectors of county, regional and territorial areas of Catalonia, and in the following areas of action: care for family, childhood and adolescence; care for people with disabilities, old age care and treatment of drug addicts.
The professional staff working in day care centre for senior citizens is multidisciplinary. The assignment of a day care centre is conducted through Individual Care Program (PAI), developed by public social services, which determines the most appropriate methods of intervention to the needs of people in situations of dependence on services and economic benefits provided for in resolution by his degree and level.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
- Housing and dwellings
- Household income and expenditure
- People with recognised disability
- Social services facilites for disabled people. By type of facility. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Residences. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Day centres. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the children and adolescents. Centres and places. By type. Counties and Aran
- Basic social services. Professionals. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- National Insurance
- Social protection
- Social protection accounts
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory