Non contributory Social Security pensions. Pensions and average pension. By type. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
|Pensions (number)||Average pension (euros)||Pensions (number)||Average pension (euros)|
|2016-2020: Idescat. Pensions and other Income Maintenance Benefits.|
|2021-2022: Idescat. Statistics on non-contributory pensions.|
|Note: A 31 de desembre.|
Last update: May 18, 2023.Statistics PPSR
Definition of concepts
- Permanent incapacity pension or invalidity
- Benefit recognised for a worker who, after having received the prescribed treatment and having been given medical clearance, is seriously impaired anatomically or functionally in a foreseeably definitive manner, which reduces or annuls his/her capacity to work.
- Retirement pension
- Economic benefit that consists of a lifelong, single and indefeasible benefit granted to a worker when he/she retires due to age.
- Non contributory Social Security Pension
- Financial aid incorporated in the Social Security system to benefit people that, in a state of protectable need, do not have enough financial resources of their own to subsist, even if they have never contributed or not for the time needed to reach contributory benefit level.
Non-contributory Social Security pensions were created in late 1990 (Act 26/1990, from 20 December) and replaced the two types of benefits that had covered comparable needs until that point. These were the welfare pensions for old age and illness, and the guaranteed minimum income benefit for people with disabilities.
There are two types of non-contributory pensions, one for retirement and one for disability. The retirement pension is available for those aged 65 or over, whilst the disability pension is available for those aged 18 or over a with a degree of disability of at least 65%. In any case, in order to receive them, income must be less than the basic pension amount the applicant profile would be entitled to. The amount received is fixed so that the total income of the recipient shall not exceed the basic pension amount.
A partir de l'any 2014, les pensions d'invalidesa de les persones de més de 64 anys s'inclouen dins les pensions de jubilació.
This is the only financial Social Security benefit that has been devolved and is managed and awarded by the Generalitat de Catalunya, although it is paid by the General Treasury of Social Security. Data is from 31 December.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
- Housing and dwellings
- Household income and expenditure
- People with recognised disability
- Social services
- National Insurance
- Non contributory Social Security pensions. Pensions and average pension. By type. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Unemployment benefits. Beneficiaries. Provinces
- Social protection accounts
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory