|Repair of computers, personal and domestic effects||Other personal service activities||Total|
|Value of production||370,268||1,077,327||1,447,595|
|Consumption of prime materials and other supplies||89,503||118,569||208,073|
|Gross value added m.p.||210,555||626,144||836,699|
|Taxes on production and products||897||6,949||7,846|
|Gross value added f.c.||210,836||635,842||846,678|
|Gross operating surplus||85,638||165,117||250,755|
|Units: Thousands of euros.|
|Source: Idescat, based on the INE's Structural business statistics in the service sector.|
Last update: November 14, 2022.
These statistics have a specific section with all the information available: Structural Business Statistics in the Service Sector (EAS).
Definition of concepts
- Gross operating surplus
- Surplus generated by operational activities after compensating for the work factor. This can be calculated as the difference between gross value added at factor cost and personnel costs.
- Gross value added at market prices
- It is calculated upon the basis of the production value less intermediate consumption, which is made up of the sum of the consumption of raw materials and other supplies and expenditure on external services.
- Gross value added at factor cost
- Gross income from operating activities once the effects of the operating subsidies and indirect taxes have been adjusted. It is calculated upon the basis of the gross value added at market prices, deducting the taxes linked to production and products and adding the operating
- Production vale
- Number of final goods and services produced by the company during the year. It is equal to the turnover, plus the changes in inventories of products finished and in progress, plus the work performed by the company for its assets (capitalized production), plus accessory income and any other related to current management, less the consumption of goods and work performed by other companies.
The Structural Business Statistics in the Service Sector, called the Annual Services Survey prior to the reference year 2014, is a sample-based survey that is produced annually by the INE in order to study the economic characteristics of companies in almost all of the market services sector (number of establishments, employment, income and operating costs, etc.) and estimate the main micromagnitudes. Idescat makes a detailed treatment for Catalonia and collaborates with the publishing of questionnaires.
The information about professional, scientific and technical activities, administrative and support service activities; that Idescat has produced using data from the from the INE is presented in two tables: main results and macromagnitudes.
Since 2008, the Annual services survey has been adapted to the new National classification of economic activities (CNAE-2009). This change involves a shift in the series that prevents inter-annual comparison between most sectors and some variables.
The correspondences between the sectors used and the Catalan classification of economic activities (CCAE-2009) is as follows:
|CCAE-2009||Groups of activities|
|45||Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles|
|46||Wholesale trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles|
|47||Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles|
|49-53||Transportation and storage|
|58-63||Information and communication|
|68||Real estate activities|
|69-75||Professional, scientific and technical activities|
|77-82||Administrative and support service activities|
|90-93||Arts, entertainment and recreation|
In 2009, 2010 and 2010, the "Other services" group was partially studied. From the year 2012 onwards, the two branches of this group will be studied again.
|Repair of computers and personal and household goods (div. 95)||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Other personal service activities (div. 96)||YES||–||–||–||YES|
Several methodological improvements were applied to the Structural Business Statistics in 2016. The results for 2016 are therefore not strictly comparable with those for previous years.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Main aggregates
Companies · Finances
- Credit system
- Financial market
Main aggregates of professional activities, administrative and other services
- Professional, scientific and specialist activities. Main results. By branches
- Professional, scientific and specialist activities. Macromagnitudes. By branches
- Administrative activities and auxiliary services. Main results. By branches
- Administrative activities and auxiliary services. Macromagnitudes. By branches
- Other services. Main results. By branches
- Other services. Main aggregates. By branches
- Public sector finance
- Foreign investment and trade
- Research · Technology
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory