|Source Catalonia: Idescat. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
|(p) Provisional value.|
Last update: February 7, 2020. Revised series on May 8, 2020.
The objective of the production index is to measure changes in the volume of output at close and regular intervals, normally monthly. It provides a measure of the volume trend in value added over a given reference period. The production index is a theoretical measure that must be approximated by practical measures.
Value added at basic prices can be calculated from turnover (excluding VAT and other similar deductible taxes directly linked to turnover), plus capitalised production, plus other operating income plus or minus the changes in stocks, minus the purchases of goods and services, minus taxes on products which are linked to turnover but not deductible plus any subsidies on products received. The division of production in construction between building construction and civil engineering is based on the classification of types of construction (CC).
The Industrial Production Index is data adjusted by working days (base 2015=100).
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
Industry · Energy
- Industrial Production Index adjusted by working days
- Primary production of energy
- Primary energy consumption
- Gross inland consumption of energy. By products
- Final energy consumption. By sectors
- Energy consumption per inhabitant
- Gross inland consumption of energy divided by GDP
- Electricity generated from renewable sources
- Share of renewable energy in gross final energy consumption
- Environment · Territory