- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Environment · Territory
- Land uses and surface area
- Number of municipalities. By altitude. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
Number of municipalities. By altitude. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Distance in height from one point, measured in metres, with respect to sea level, taking Alicante as the reference.
- Administrative constituency of a territorial nature, governed by a council, considered the basic unit of territorial organisation and primary element of citizen participation in public affairs, as established by Law 8/1987, of April 15 on municipalities and the local regime for Catalonia. A municipality enjoys its own autonomy, is of a legal character and has full capacity to exercise the public functions bestowed upon it, in order to represent the interests of its respective collective and to manage the public services that it assumed ownership of. The government and administration of the municipality correspond to the municipal council.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".