- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Economic sectors
- Industry · Energy
- Purchases and outsourcing. By activity groups and geographic destination of sales
Purchases and outsourcing. By activity groups and geographic destination of sales. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Geographic destination of sales
- Distribution of the company's total amount of turnover between three geographical markets: Spain, the rest of the European Union and the rest of the world.
- It includes the amounts invoiced by the company during the reference year for sales of goods and services corresponding to the company's ordinary activities. These sales are accounted for in net terms, in other words, by deducting sales discounts for immediate payment, sales returns, the value of returned packaging and quantity discounts. The taxes and duties on invoiced goods and services are included but the VAT transferred to the customer is excluded.
The Structural Business Statistics in the Industrial Sector , called the Industrial Survey of Companies prior to the reference year 2014, is the main source of information on the industrial sector. This is an annual sample-based survey conducted by the INE in collaboration with Idescat. It offers structural information on industrial companies (establishments, employed population, production, costs and sales) disaggregated by large sectors and by 15 groups of the CCAE-2009.
The survey covers the whole territory of Spain (until 2012 were excluded Ceuta and Melilla) and is designed to offer results by autonomous communities. Idescat performs an annual treatment of the microdata in the survey in order to extend the results for Catalonia, both in terms of the number of branches and the available variables.
In 2008, the Industrial Survey of Companies was reformed in order to adapt it to the new European Regulation on Structural Business Statistics (SBS), the new national Classification of Economic Activities (CNAE-2009) and the new General Accounting Plan, passed in 2007. Some new modifications were also introduced to improve the quality of the survey while maintaining the strategic objective of reducing the burden on informants.
Until the year 2012, the Survey focussed its field of study on industrial companies with at least one employee. From 2013 onwards, the population scope was widened to include industrial companies without employees and the territorial scope was widened to include companies in Ceuta and Melilla. This extension of the populational scope of the sample (selected for Spain as a whole, not by autonomous communities) has led to an increase in the year-over-year variability of the number of companies and establishments. To ensure the comparability of the indicators between the different years, the calculations only take into account industrial companies with employees.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".