- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Public sector finance
- Regional Administration
- Government of Catalonia. Budget. Bodies governed by public law
Government of Catalonia. Budget. Bodies governed by public law. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Expression of the accounts for the economic plans of the public sector for a certain period of time (generally one year). Every public entity of a legal nature makes its own budget which shows, in disaggregated form, the corresponding forecasts for income and limitations of expenditure. Depending on the different phases, the budget may be:
- Preventive or initial budget
- Accounts document that shows the approved quantities both for income and for expenditure, with the characteristic that these have to be balanced, i.e. the total income and the total expenditure have to coincide quantitatively. When a budget is described without specifying its type, it is assumed to be preventative.
A general vision is offered of the public sector in Catalonia, made up of autonomous, local and state administrations. Also included are economic relations with the European Union.
The first part refers to the Generalitat's budget and contains the preventive budget, by functions and chapters, the consolidated budget and the liquidated budget, as well as real investments in Catalan counties. Also presented are the budgets of autonomous administrative, commercial and financial, public law and commercial entities, and of those that manage Social Security and the Catalan Radio and Television Corporation.
Included a table for income and expenditure, by chapters, in accordance with the metodology ESA, a coherent and detailed set of accounts and tables that enable a systematic, comparable and complete view of economic activity in the European Union member states.
In terms of Local administration, the preventive budgets are presented for the four Catalan provinces, the budgets for county councils, by chapters and counties, and the aggregated budgets of all local councils by chapters and functions. Also included is county data for the rustic and urban property taxes.
As for State administration, data is offered on tax collection and current transfers made by the State to the Generalitat, as well as assignations for public investment contained in the State's general budgets. It should be noted that the place where taxes are collected is not always in the same territory where the obligation was generated.
The section on the European Union deals with subsidies and collections proceeding from different structural funds that are destined for Catalonia, whether by means of Autonomous, local or state administration, and the evolution of each of these funds: cohesion, ERDF, ESF, EAGGF-FIFG.
The chapter concludes with data of the personnel of the catalan public administrations of the Governances and Institutional Relations Ministries through the Espai d'anàlisi de l'ocupació pública.
Recently, Law 23/2010, of July 22, divides Catalonia into eight territorial planning areas with the incorporation of the Penedès region. This new territorial area includes the counties of Alt Penedès, l'Anoia, el Baix Penedès and el Garraf. In consequence, the territorial boundaries of the area of Metropolità, Comarques centrals and Camp de Tarragona are modified, and their data is therefore not directly comparable with previous years.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".