- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Quality of life
- Housing and dwellings
- Main homes. By number of rooms. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
Main homes. By number of rooms. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Area closed off by walls, that reach the ceiling or are at least two metres high, in which an adult sized bed can fit and whose ceiling is at least two metres high in most of the surface area.
- Main dwelling (census)
- Family home used as a permanent or habitual residence. Also includes accommodation structures.
Knowledge of the number of inhabitants and their characteristics are realized through Housing census, which is conducted every 10 years in conjunction with the corresponding population censuses. The basic objective of the Housing census is to determine the number and the characteristics of existing dwellings on the census date of March 1 for the years 1981 and 1991 and November 1 for 2001 and 2011.
2011 data come from the sample of the Population and Housing Survey (EPH). The EPH is a sample survey conducted in order to determine the characteristics of persons and dwellings.
- Family dwellings
- Main dwellings
- Conventional main dwellings
- Non main dwellings
- Secondary dwellings and other kind of non main dwellings (for example, dwellings designated for successive short-term rentals)
- Empty dwellings
- Main dwellings
- Collective dwellings
The Population and Housing Census 2011 includes data from a survey. The results have been conveniently rounded up and are shown without decimal points. Therefore, some totals might not coincide with the sum of the disaggregation.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".