- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Companies · Finances
- Associations. By type of activity. Counties and Aran, and areas
Associations. By type of activity. Counties and Aran, and areas. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Non-profit organization, voluntarily formed by three or more persons to serve an objective of general or specific interest, through the sharing of personal resources or property temporarily or indefinitely.
The Directorate General for Law and Legal Entities is responsible for registering ordinary associations. Political, religious, competitive sports and professional associations which regulate working rights are excluded because they have specific registers.
The Directorate General for Law and Legal Entities is also responsible for registering and supervising foundations.
Associations and foundations are founded by three or more persons with a common objective. The most significant differences between an association and a foundation are these:
- The creation of a foundation requires assets.
- An association may pursue a general or specific objective (whatever the members want, as long as it is legal). In contrast, a foundation may only pursue objectives of general interest.
- The governing bodies of an association are the general assembly and the board of directors, while the foundation has a board of trustees.
On December, 31.>
The new county of El Moianès was created on 1 May 2015 (Law 4/2015, of 23 April, on the creation of the county of El Moianès) from the aggregation of five municipalities of the county of El Bages, one from the county of Osona and four from the county of El Vallès Oriental.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".