- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Economic sectors
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Another types of crop. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
Another types of crop. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Ecological agriculture
- System that respects the environment based on the use of natural resources without employing synthetic chemical products or genetically modified organisms (GMO. Ecological production must be registered with the corresponding governing body and subject to controls. Land used for ecological agriculture must be identified and separated from that which is not.
- Energy crop
- Mainly used for the production of thermal and electrical energy, and of biofuels (bethanol, biodiesel, biogas, synthetic hydrocarbons, etc.).
- Genetically modified crop
- Crop of organisms whose genetic material has been modified in a way that does not occur naturally either in annealing or in natural recombination. Crops of GMO must be publicly registered.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".