The Quarterly Accounts for Catalonia is a short-term set of statistics whose main aim is to provide a coherent quantitative description of the performance of the Catalan economy in the short term. It provides the estimates of the main elements of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from the perspective of supply and demand to present the final result of the production activity of the economic agents in the territory from a temporal perspective.
Idescat draws up the statistical actions Quarterly GDP Advance and Quarterly Accounts for Catalonia and presents them integrated in the same series of quarterly accounts, while respecting the specific calendar of availability of results of each of them.
- The Quarterly Advance of GDP is an estimate calculated with short-term and provisional incomplete information of the reference period, published approximately 35 days after the end of the quarter. It provides the seasonally adjusted growth rate in volume of the Catalan economy, from the perspective of supply by the main branches of activity (agriculture, industry, construction and services).
- The Quarterly Accounts for Catalonia is an estimate calculated with complete information of the reference period, published approximately 75 days after the end of the quarter. It offers information on GDP from the perspective of supply and demand and presents the results at current prices, in indexes by volume, and the corresponding quarterly and yearly variations. Furthermore, it presents the data in gross terms and in seasonally adjusted terms.
- From the supply perspective, estimates are offered of the main branches of production (agriculture, industry, construction and services). In the case of services, the information is additionally detailed in three groups of branches: Trade, transport and accommodation, real estate activities, professional and other services and the Public Administration, education, health and social services.
- From the demand perspective, the GDP analyses the final use of goods and services produced in the Catalan economy, depending on whether they are aimed at final consumption, investment or foreign trade.
The series of Quarterly Accounts for Catalonia, consistent with the Annual Economic Accounts, were updated in March 2020 in accordance with the 2019 Benchmark Revision, in keeping with the international recommendations in the European area. This Benchmark Revision, which replaces the previous 2010 base, has been instigated by Eurostat and the Central European Bank, and meets the need to periodically update the sources and estimate methods used in compiling the national accounts to ensure that they are opportune, accurate and punctual.
Available tables [−]
- Dades corregides d'estacionalitat
- Dades brutes
- Base 2010
- Base 2008
- Base 2000
In other sections