|Source: Institut Català de l'Acolliment i de l'Adopció.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Date published: February 19, 2019.
The Catalan Institute for Fostering and Adoption (ICAA) was established by Law 13/97 of 29 November, among other purposes to handle international adoptions.
May 1993 on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption. This Convention ensures that:
- The adoption is for the benefit of the child.
- The child has been declared adoptable.
- The applicant family has a certificate of suitability.
- No person that is not the actual child can benefit improperly from this adoption.
The regulations require training and assessment of people who want to carry out the adoption and, moreover, requires that children to be adopted have a personal and family situation that have led to a declaration of adoptability by the competent body of his country.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory