|Takings (thousands of euros)||122,460||1.1|
|movies from the rest of the Spanish State||8,804||-34.4|
|Source: Ministry of Culture.|
|Takings (thousands of euros)||602,000||4.7|
|Source: Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.|
Date published: April 24, 2018.
The data on production of full-length films have been prepared on the basis of the information provided by the Catalan Institute for the Cultural Companies.
A Catalan production refers to a film production in which companies registered in Catalonia participate, and that has been qualified for display in movie theatres.
The data on exhibition refer to cinemas in regular operation with one or more screens; that is to say, those that have screened films throughout the year. These statistics have been prepared on thebasis of the administrative data compiled by the Department of Culture.
With respect to the data of Spain, the source of information is the Statistics of Cinematography: Production, Exhibition, Distribution and Promotion, by the Institute for Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts (Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport).
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
Culture · Language
- Publishing production
- Cinema: Halls, audiences and takings
- Sports facilities
- Knowledge of Catalan
- Language uses of the Population. First language, language of identification and habitual language
- Language uses of the Population. By areas of use
- Exclusive use of Catalan. By areas of use
- Knowledge of languages: Catalan, Spanish, English and French
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory