|Source: Ministry of Health. Mortality register in Catalonia.|
Last update: August 27, 2020.
Life expectancy is the average age that a person has left to live when they reach a specific age, should they be subjected to current conditions of mortality (the specific probabilities of dying at each age) during the remainder of their life. Life expectancy at age zero, or life expectancy at birth, is the average lifespan of a fictitious generation subjected to the conditions of mortality of their time.
The data for the year 2012 and beyond are taken from the life tables calculated by the Ministry of Health. Data from previous years originate from the life tables prepared by Idescat, and are calculated on the basis of five-year averages, where the table's base year is the middle year of the period.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Weekly incidence of COVID-19
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 and deaths
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Life expectancy at different ages
- Health care professionals
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By place of residence
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By age groups and marital status
- Persons legally recognised as being disabled. By type of disability
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory