|Owned||Leased||Crop share and others||Total|
|Conca de Barberà||13,756||7,067||6,136||26,959|
|Pla de l'Estany||3,979||5,100||757||9,837|
|Camp de Tarragona||51,398||16,686||14,742||82,826|
|Terres de l'Ebre||86,021||28,507||11,507||126,035|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||149,465||64,551||11,687||225,703|
|Source: Idescat, based on data from the Agricultural census of INE.|
Last update: February 22, 2012.Statistics CENSAG
Definition of concepts
- Type of tenancy
- Legal manner in which the title-holder acts in order to agriculturally exploit the land. The most usual forms are: ownership, leasing, crop share and others.
- Type of tenancy. Others
- Includes land used by free transfer, in trust, in litigation, common land, etc.
- Type of tenancy. Lease
- The title-holder enjoys profits from the land through payment of a lease or rent, be that in money, kind or both methods, regardless of the results of the operation.
- Type of tenancy. Crop share
- Land owned by third parties that is temporarily ceded to the title holder through payment of a percentage of the product obtained or its monetary equivalent.
- Type of tenancy. Ownership
- The title-holder has ownership rights, either written or not; ownership is also considered when the land has been peacefully exploited by the title-holder without interruption for a minimum of thirty years, without payment of rent. Includes usufruct land.
- Used agricultural area (UAA)
- Includes surfaces of cultivated land and permanent pasture.
The data on macromagnitudes, surface area, machinery and head of livestock, as well as that on agricultural, livestock and forestry production, which is updated every year, is obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, Food and Natural Environment.
The data on surface areas is calculated on the basis of data on municipal surface areas and agronomic inventories, cross-compared with data about the producers and intermediaries in each sector to make sure that the data from the different sources fits. That for production is obtained by applying the estimated unit performances for each crop to the surface in production.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Agricultural surface. By type
- Agricultural surface. By type. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Used agricultural area (UAA). By type of tenancy
- Used agricultural area (UAA). By type of tenancy. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Farms. By size of the total surface
- Farms and Total Standard Production. By technical-economic orientation
- Farms. By Total Standard Production
- Farms. By legal status
- Farms. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Farms with UAA. By size. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Persons in employment. Agriculture sector
- Persons in employment. Agriculture sector. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Agricultural macromagnitudes.
- Final agricultural production. By products.
- Agricultural machinery.
- Agricultural machinery. New inscriptions. By type
- Agricultural sector
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Environment · Territory