1. Identification data of the website
The www.idescat.cat website is the property of the Statistical Institute of Catalonia and is its only official website.
The Statistical Institute of Catalonia (Idescat), with Tax identification number Q5850015H, is an autonomous administrative body based at the following address:
Idescat has created this website to provide users with access to statistical information and other informative contents and to facilitate citizens' access to statistics.
2. Intellectual property rights
The contents and graphic elements displayed on the www.idescat.cat website are exclusively owned by Idescat or other organizations that have authorized Idescat to use and disseminate them.
This website and all the material it contains are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights. Therefore, any use made of its contents is subject to the regulations governing said rights.
Idescat does not allow the use of logos, trademarks or other distinctive signs on this website which it owns without being informed of the above and having previously authorized said use.
Idescat does not allow the use of the logos, trademarks and other distinctive signs on the website which it owns without its knowledge and without granting its prior authorization.
Idescat allows the information disseminated on its website to be reused, provided that its source is quoted, that the content of the information is not altered or denatured and that the date of the latest update of the information is mentioned. The source of the information can be cited in the following manner:
- Source: Idescat. (If there is no data processing.)
- Source: created upon the basis of Idescat's own data. (If the data are processed later.)
Idescat may limit the reuse of the information for the protection of other priority legal assets, such as personal data protection or the privacy and intellectual property rights of third parties.
On no account may it be indicated or suggested that Idescat is involved in, sponsors or supports the use of the information made by the user.
3. Liability for the contents
The information published on this website is subject to quality control. Thus, in order to provide high-quality statistical information, Idescat supervises and safeguards the integrity, truthfulness, accessibility, usability and updates of the information, contents and services provided on its website. However, the date of the update indicated in each case should always be borne in mind. Idescat reserves the right to modify or remove the contents or to limit or prevent access thereto when it discovers that they do not fulfil the above-mentioned criteria, without the need to provide prior notice.
Idescat cannot be held liable for any damages suffered by the user resulting from access to this website. Nor can it be held liable for the information contained on any other website accessed via links from the Idescat website or information that has been incorporated into this website by automatic mechanisms (e.g. widgets and APIs).
Idescat cannot be held liable for any malpractice or fraudulent use of the information included on its website and reserves the right to take the relevant legal measures to protect its image or interests.
4. Browsing data
The browsing data collected by the Idescat website do not contain information that may be associated with specific users and are only used to obtain statistical information on the use of this website.
5. Data Protection
View Idescat's data protection.
- Law 23/1998, of 30 December 1998, on statistics in Catalonia
- Law 19/2014, of 29 December 2014, on transparency, access to public information and good governance
- Law 37/2007, of 16 November 2007, on the reuse of public sector information
- Law 18/2015, of 9 July 2015, amending Law 37/2007, of 16 November 2007, on the reuse of public sector information
- Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, of 12 April 1996, approving the revised text of the Law on intellectual property
- Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of the personal data of natural persons and the free circulation of said data, repealing Directive 95/46/CE (General data protection regulation-GDPR)
- Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December 2018, on personal data protection and the guarantee of digital rights