Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
On 25 September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly passed the resolution 'Transforming our world': the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (A/RES/70/1), which contains 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) and 169 associated milestones, to be achieved by the year 2030. The SDGs cover the social, economic, environmental and institutional dimension of sustainability and tackle five major spheres: the planet, people, prosperity, peace and partnership.
Paragraph 75 of the resolution states that the monitoring and evaluation of the SDGs and the associated milestones will be conducted using a set of worldwide indicators that are complemented by regional and national indicators.
To conduct the monitoring and evaluation of the degree of fulfilment of the SDGs in Catalonia, since September 2020, the Statistical Institute of Catalonia and the Ministry for Foreign Action, Institutional Relations and Transparency, with the collaboration of the other ministries of the Government of Catalonia, disseminate, on a progressive and continuous basis, the EU Sustainable Development Goal indicators for Catalonia, a system of annual indicators, in accordance with Eurostat's methodological criteria, that provides statistical data and metadata on sustainable development in Catalonia.
Sustainable development goal indicators
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Advisory Council for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development Goals. Eurostat
- Sustainable Development Goals. UN
- Indicators of the Sustainable Development Goals (EU). 2021 Annual Statistical Action Programme. Idescat
- Indicators of the Sustainable Development Goals (UN). 2021 Annual Statistical Action Programme. Idescat