Governing Council of the Statistical System of Catalonia
The Governing Council of the Statistics System of Catalonia is the representative and participatory body of the entities and institutions that make up the Statistics System of Catalonia
The Governing Council of the Statistics System of Catalonia is presided over by the Minister of the Ministry of the Ministry in charge of managing and coordinating the Statistics System of Catalonia, and consists of the following members:
- The President, who is the Minister of the Ministry in charge of managing and coordinating the Statistics System of Catalonia.
- Two Vice-Presidents positions, which are assigned to the Secretary General of the Ministry in charge of managing and coordinating the Statistics System of Catalonia.
- The director of Idescat, who serves as a Secretary of the Council.
- A representative of each Ministry of the Government of Catalonia, appointed by the relevant Minister, who is also the senior official responsible for the Ministry's statistics.
- Two representatives of the county councils, one to represent counties of 75,000 inhabitants or more, and the other for the rest of the counties.
- One representative of each one of the councils of Barcelona, Girona, LLeida and Tarragona.
- One representative of the Barcelona City Council.
- One representative of the Catalan city councils representing municipalities with more than 50,000 inhabitants.
- One representative of the Catalan city councils representing municipalities with less than 50,000 inhabitants.
- One representative of the official chambers of commerce.
- One representative of the bodies governed by public law that participate in the Statistics System of Catalonia.
The Governing Council of the Statistics System of Catalonia holds the following responsibilities:
- Approving the relevant proposals on statistical activities for the preparation of the Statistical Plan for Catalonia.
- Approving the Annual Statistical Action Programme, which the Minister of the relevant Ministry, in terms of the management and coordination of the Statistics System of Catalonia, must later submit to the Government for approval.
- It must be informed of the rules that govern the statistics declared of interest by the Government of Catalonia, and the technical characteristics they must adhere to.
- Making proposals in relation to the statistical activities that affect Catalan territory.
- In general, those assigned to it by the President.
For a more detailed description of the functions carried out by the Board of Governors, refer to Decree 24/2014, from the 25th February, on the organisation and operation of the Statistical Institute of Catalonia.
|Minister of the Ministry of the Economy and Finance||Ms. Natàlia Mas Guix|
|Secretary General of the Ministry of the Economy and Finance||Mr. Josep Ma. Vilarrúbia Tàpia|
|Directorate General for Analysis and Foresight||Ms. Marta Curto Grau|
|Director of Idescat (Council secretary)||Mr. Xavier Cuadras Morató|
|Ministry of the Presidency||Ms. Núria Cuenca León|
|Ministry of Territory||Ms. Teresa Prohias Ricart|
|Ministry of Business and Labour||Ms. Maria Vega Alonso Iglesias|
|Ministry of the Economy and Finance||Ms. Marta Curto Grau|
|Ministry of Equality and Feminism||Ms. Georgina Oliva Peña|
|Ministry of Foreign Action and European Union||Mr. Bernat Costas Castilla|
|Ministry of Education||Ms. Patrícia Gomà i Pons|
|Ministry of Research and Universities||Mr. Joaquim Nin Borredà|
|Ministry of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda||Nomination pending|
|Ministry of Health||Nomination pending|
|Ministry of Home Affairs||Ms. Sonia Andolz Rodriguez|
|Ministry of Social Rights||Mr. Lluís Torrens i Mèlich|
|Ministry of Culture||Mr. Jordi Foz Dalmau|
|Ministry of Justice, Rights and Memory||Ms. Dora Tellado Rosselló|
|Representative of the county councils with more than 75,000 inhabitants||Nomination pending|
|Representative of the county councils of all other counties||Nomination pending|
|Barcelona Provincial Council||Mr. Francesc X. Forcadell Esteller|
|Girona Provincial Council||Mr. Miquel Noguer Planas|
|Lleida Provincial Council||Mr. Eloi Bergós Farràs|
|Tarragona Provincial Council||Mr. Eduard Rovira i Gual|
|Barcelona City Council||Mr. Màrius Boada i Pla|
|Representative of the Catalan city councils with more than 50,000 inhabitants||Nomination pending|
|Representative of the Catalan city councils with less than 50,000 inhabitants||Nomination pending|
|Official Chambers of Commerce||Mr. Joan Ramon Rovira i Homs|
|Representative of the bodies governed by public law that participate in the Statistics System of Catalonia||Nomination pending|