Register of statistical files and transfer of files
The Register of Statistical Files (RFE) is a public register pertaining to Idescat used to provide an inventory of files for exclusively statistical purposes, in reference both to physical and legal persons, that the institutions or organs of the Statistical System of Catalonia create or possess exclusively for the production of statistics of interest to the Generalitat de Catalunya.
What is a statistical file?
For purposes of the Register, a statistical file is understood to be any organised set of data of a personal nature on any physical persons or data indentifying any legal persons generated as the consequence of a statistical action recognised by annual programmes for statistical activity and that are subject to statistical secret.
What is the communication of a statistical file?
For purposes of the Register, the communication of a statistical file is understood to be any partial or total disclosure of data made by the body responsible for the statistical file to another public administration, or to a research institute or researcher.
1. Inscriptions in the Register
What files must be registered?
- Statistical files created by institutions or bodies in the Statistical System of Catalonia that are responsible for producing statistics of interest to the Generalitat de Catalunya as part of the framework of annual programmes for statistical activity.
- Statistical files created by or that contain statistical information originating from a body included in the State Statistical System.
- Statistical files received or transferred from another public administration that have been generated in the framework of a statistical activity by said public administration.
What communication must be registered?
- Communication of data from statistical files inscribed in the Register carried out by the body responsible for the file to another public administration, for exclusively statistical purposes.
- Comunication of data from statistical files inscribed in the Register carried out by the body responsible for the file to a scientific research institute or researcher, for scientific purposes, provided legitimate interest is accredited.
How are applications for inscription in the Register processed?
- Applications for the inscription of a new statistical file (introduction) or for the annulment (cancelation) or disclosure of the content (communication of data) of the same is exclusively carried out by means of the electronic system that is managed by Idescat via this website.
- The parties responsible for the statistical files must fill in the application forms for inscription in the Register using the access codes (username and password) provided by Idescat.