|Current quarter||Previous quarter||Same quarter previous year|
|Total main markets||104.7||104.9||105.4|
|Main markets of the Monetary Union||105.6||105.2||105.3|
|Main markets of the rest of Europe||103.8||105.8||105.9|
|Main markets of the rest of the world||101.9||102.1||104.7|
|Units: Base 1999 I quarter = 100.|
|Source: Idescat and Departament of the Vice-presidency and of the Economy and Finance, based on IMF, United Nations and OECD data.|
|- A rise in the index indicates a loss of competitiveness.|
|- See the methodology note for the countries which are in the different markets.|
|- Indicator pending update, awaiting a review of the methodology.|
|(z) Category not applicable.|
The Index of Competitive Position in Prices is defined as the product of the euro exchange rate by an index of relative prices of the Catalan manufacturing industry (section C of theCCAE-09).
An increase in the index always occurs when the euro is globally appreciated and/or when relative prices increase more (decrease less) in Catalonia than in the rest of the world. Note that this measure of competitiveness does not contain any other competitiveness factor other than price, in particular not those that modify the quality of manufactured products.
The countries considered main markets in Catalonia are:
- Main Monetary Union markets: Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal.
- Main markets of rest of Europe: Denmark, Poland, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Czech Republic.
- Main markets of rest of world: Australia, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, United States, India, Japan, Mexico and China.
- Main markets total: all previous.
This indicator is considered to offer provisional data. If the international sources modify exchange rates or price indicators for previous periods, the competitiveness indicators are consequently modified.
Available tables [+]
- Culture · Language
- Household income and expenditure
- Companies · Finances
Foreign investment and trade
- Exports. By economic destination of the goods
- Exports. By activity branches
- Exports. By geographical areas and countries
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Imports. By economic destination of the goods
- Imports. By activity branches
- Imports. By geographical areas and countries
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Export Climate
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By country areas
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By main markets
- Index of the Revealed Competitiveness of the Industry. By main markets
- Foreign Investment. By activity branches
- Foreign Investment. By geographical areas
- Investment abroad. By activity branches
- Investment abroad. By geographical areas
- Research · Technology
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy