|PIB (millions of euros)||GDP per inhabitant (thousands of euros)||Index Catalonia = 100|
|Conca de Barberà||668.3||33.7||103.4|
|Pla de l'Estany||899.1||27.9||85.6|
|Source: Idescat. Territorial Gross Domestic Product (2019 Benchmark Revision).|
|Note: (p) Provisional data.|
Definition of concepts
- Market prices
- System for evaluating macro-economic magnitudes that is equal to the cost factor, but includes taxes on production and operating subsidies.
Gross domestic product at market price (GDP mp) measures the total economic activity of a territory's productive units. It is calculated based on market prices, as the value of production takes into account the incidence of taxes and subsidies.
From a supply standpoint, GDP makes it possible to assess the contributions made by the different productive activity branches to the whole of the economy; that is to say, it encompasses the gross value added of the main activity branches, valued at basic prices.
GDP estimations are based on the counties of Catalonia. Disaggregated data is also available for municipalities with more than 5000 inhabitants and for county capitals.
As for gross value added (GVA) ), it represents the wealth generated by the economy during the period being considered. It is obtained by calculating the difference between production value and the value of intermediate resource consumption (raw materials, services, exterior supplies, etc.). It is calculated at basic prices, , that is to say, taxes and subsidies affecting products (VAT, special taxes, etc.) are not taken into account only production taxes are. These taxes are the ones levied on companies for participating in production activities, regardless of the amount or value of what has been produced and sold.
GVA results are published here by main economic activity sectors (agriculture, industry, construction and services) for municipalities with more than 5000 inhabitants and for county capital.
Data on gross value added is also published for 11 branches of economic activity for municipalities with over 45,000 inhabitants and all counties of Catalonia.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
Gross domestic product (GDP)
- GDP. By sectors. At current prices
- GDP. By sectors. Variation in volume
- GDP. By components of the demand. At current prices
- GDP. By components of the demand. Variation in volume
- GVA at basic prices. By branches of activity. At current prices
- GDP per inhabitant
- Harmonised GDP per inhabitant. In purchasing power parity (PPP)
- GDP and GDP per inhabitant. Counties and Aran
- GVA. By sectors. Counties
- GVA of the Industry. By branches of activity. Counties
- Gross value added (GVA) services. By branches of activity. Counties
- Disposable household income (Gross disposable household income)
- Gross domestic product (GDP)
- Companies · Finances
- Public sector finance
- Foreign investment and trade
- Research · Technology
- Main aggregates
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory