|Stud for life||Female for life||For slaughter||Total||Stud for life||Female for life||For slaughter||Total|
|Source: Ministry of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda.|
EU member states must carry out annual livestock surveys to determine the number of cattle and type by age and productive states.
Livestock surveys aimed at quantifying the number of pigs, sheep and goats present on Catalan farms in two specific reference periods. In sheep and goats, information on milk production and its destination is also gathered. Regulation 1165/2008 states that two yearly surveys into pig production will be carried out, the first in May and the second in November. For sheep and goats, one annual survey is to be carried out into the two species together during the month of November. The population scope includes all pig, sheep and goat production within the territory of Catalonia and recorded as active in the registry of farms of the DAAM.
The body responsible for the management, implementation, review and dissemination of the results of the Survey of Livestock in Catalonia is the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries, Food and the Environment (DAAM). This statistical operation is to be carried out in accordance with the rules established by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment (MAGRAMA) for all autonomous communities in the Spanish State.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Agricultural sector
- Livestock operations. By species
- Livestock operations. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Livestock units. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Head of livestock. By species
- Head of bovine livestock. Provinces
- Head of ovine and caprine livestock. Provinces
- Head of swine livestock. Provinces
- Head of livestock. By species. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Milk production. Provinces
- Meat production. By species
- Production of eggs for consumption. Provinces
- Production of wool. By type. Provinces
- Production of honey and wax. Provinces
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Environment · Territory