Energy sector. Main results
|Production of primary energy||Import/ export balance (1)||Consumption of primary energy||Transformation of energy||Energy sector's own consumption||Losses transport and distribution||Non energy uses||Final consumption of energy|
|Liquid petroleum gasses (2)||0.0||941.6||941.6||209.6||0.0||0.0||983.7||167.5|
|Prod. Light oils||0.0||1,673.9||1,673.9||1,322.8||0.0||0.0||2,047.5||949.2|
|Prod. Medium oils||0.0||2,059.8||2,059.8||3,670.7||0.0||0.0||0.0||5,730.5|
|Prod. Heavy oils||0.0||-762.3||-762.3||1,028.2||13.7||0.0||170.9||81.3|
|Prod. other oils (3)||0.0||-726.4||-726.4||1,007.9||0.0||0.0||17.9||263.6|
|Nuclear energy (4)||6,220.4||0.0||6,220.4||-6,220.4||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|Hydroelectric energy (5)||303.4||0.0||303.4||-303.4||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|Wind energy (5)||271.1||0.0||271.1||-271.1||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|Photovoltaic solar energy (5)||38.8||0.0||38.8||-38.8||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|Electrical energy (6)||0.0||123.9||123.9||4,072.5||229.6||342.0||0.0||3,624.8|
|Solar thermal energy||33.0||0.0||33.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||33.0|
|Non renewable waste (8)||138.0||0.0||138.0||-33.1||6.7||0.0||0.0||98.2|
|Units: Thousands of toe.|
|Source: Institut Català d'Energia.|
|- (1) Includes inventory variation ("-" for increases and "+" for decreases) and also despatch onto national and foreign maritime transport vessels, considered bunkers (with the sign "-").|
|- (2) Includes propane, butane and other petroleum derived gasses (basically refined gasses).|
|- (3) Includes coke.|
|- (4) Gross production of electric energy from nuclear stations, measured in terms of physical energy (2,530 Kcal/kWh).|
|- (5) Gross production of electric energy from hydraulic, wind and photovoltaic power stations, measured in term of physical energy (860 Kcal/KWh).|
|- (6) Balance of electrical exchange between Catalonia and the rest of Spain and abroad, measured in equivalent to consumption (860 Kcal/KWh).|
|- (7) Includes forestry, arable and livestock biomass, solid urban waste, biological fuels and biogas.|
|- (8) Includes no renewable industrial waste (hydrogen, process gasses…).|
|- (9) La producció d'energia primària i el consum d'energia primària es mesuren en termes d'energia física.|
Last update: April 14, 2021.Statistics ENE
Definition of concepts
- Consumption of primary energy
- Aggregation of local production with the balance of import/export of energy, considering inventory variations and bunkers.
- Production of primary energy
- Local production of different types of energy.
- Import/export balance of energy
- Difference between the gross consumption of primary source energy or equivalents plus the inventory variation and bunkers, and the local production of primary energy.
- Tonne of oil equivalent (toe)
- Unit of energy equivalent to 107 kilocalories. This unit is normally used in energy balances to express the real energy content of different sources of energy in relation with a standard unit of gross oil, which has an inferior calorific power (PCI) than 107 kilocalories per tonne.
- Transformation of energy
- Quantity of energy consumed in the transformation process of the energy sector.
The Catalan Institute for Energy (ICAEN) is the body of the Generalitat de Catalunya responsible for developing and implementing the Catalan energy policy, especially in the field of energy saving and efficiency and the development of renewable energies.
The ICAEN acts in many areas of the world of energy and, among other functions, produces the energy statistics for Catalonia.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
Industry · Energy
- Energy sector. Main results
- Production of primary energy. By type
- Production of electrical energy
- Consumption of primary energy. By type
- Consumption of primary energy. By type and use
- End consumption of energy. By type
- End consumption of energy. By type and sectors
- End consumption of energy. By sectors
- Environment · Territory