|Accessible||Lift||Hot mains water||Drainage of waste water||Garage||Gas||Telephone line||Buildings for family housing|
|Conca de Barberà||1,060||185||6,426||10,041||4,928||2,416||9,158||10,070|
|Pla de l'Estany||2,306||374||4,454||8,292||4,530||4,082||8,169||8,328|
|Camp de Tarragona||20,563||7,496||56,636||105,026||50,295||36,747||95,873||105,279|
|Terres de l'Ebre||12,295||2,210||31,282||61,263||23,660||9,287||53,189||61,462|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||5,158||1,888||12,279||30,193||11,719||6,751||25,621||30,440|
|Source: Idescat, based on the Census of Buildings INE's.|
|Note: Does not include buildings under construction. Law 23/2010, of July 22, on the creation of the area of Penedès, divides Catalonia into eight territorial planning areas. This change implies that the data for the Metropolitan Area, Central Counties and Camp de Tarragona are not directly comparable with previous years.|
Last update: December 19, 2013.Statistics CENSPH
Definition of concepts
- Accessible (Building census 2011)
- A building is accessible when a wheelchair user can enter it from the street and reach any of its dwellings without anybody else's help.
- Building (Building census 2011)
- Permanent construction, apart and independent, to be used as housing or for rural, industrial, service provision purposes or, in general, to perform any activity (administrative, comercial, industrial, cultural).
- Structurally separate and independent facility within a building that is used for parking vehicles.
- Family dwelling (census)
- Room or set of rooms that occupy a building or a part of it that is structurally separate and that, due to the way in which it is constructed, reconstructed or transformed is used as housing by one or several people and is not used for other purposes. This includes: main home, second home or unoccupied home.
The Census of Buildings is the set of operations of collection, processing, evaluation and data analysis of existing buildings of a country with reference to a particular time or period. It is done every ten years to determine the number, geographic distribution and characteristics of the existing buildings on the reference date. In Spain, the Census of Buildings is a national operation, conducted by the National Statistics Institute (INE).
The Census of Buildings 2011 is a statistical operation that took place at the reference date of November 1, 2011 in conjunction with the Population and Housing Censuses 2011. It has been designed to collect comprehensive information of all the completed buildings that contain at least one dwelling, with enumeration of all properties located in them and determination of their basic characteristics.
The objectives of Census of Buildings are:
- enumerate and geo-reference all buildings that contain at least one dwelling
- determine the characteristics of buildings
- enumerate all properties contained in each building
- select the properties that will form part of the Population and Housing Survey
- provide a georeferenced comprehensive directory of buildings that contain at least one dwelling and all its properties. Georeferencing allows the exact identification of buildings despite changes in the address and, consequently, their unambiguous identification.
Buildings that after to be totally or partially demolished were reconstructed and were not topped out at the census date.
Additionally, were not included:
- Buildings that were demolished and those that were in a ruinous condition and uninhabited.
- Constructions at squares, footways or recreational facilities for selling drinks, tobacco, press
- Buildings for exclusively agricultural production purposes that at the same time were not used for family, collective housing purposes or for activities other than agricultural production.
The variables included in Census of Buildings 2011 are the following:
- type of building
- number of properties in the building
- year of construction
- number of floors
- building condition
- kind of dwellings
Census of Buildings 2001 was conducted in conjunction with Population and Housing Census 2001, at the reference date of November 1, 2001. It includes buildings for housing, both family and collective, as well as buildings for purposes other than housing, with the exception of those exclusively used for agricultural production. One difference respect previous censuses is that it only counts completed buildings.
Censuses of buildings 1980 and 1990 comprised all buildings for housing purposes and for other purposes, except those for exclusively agricultural production. These censuses also comprised completed buildings and those that were under construction and topped out, that is, those that already got finished the general structure of the building and had covered the last floor. The following buildings were excluded:
- Buildings that were demolished or were empty because of their ruinous condition
- Buildings for exclusively agricultural production purposes
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
Housing and dwellings
- Buildings. By destination. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings. By number of floors. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings. By number of homes. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings designed mainly as dwellings. By level of conservation. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings designed mainly as dwellings. By year of construction. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings designed mainly as dwellings. By installations and services. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings designed mainly as dwellings. By garage places. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Household income and expenditure
- Social protection
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory