Construction costs index. By type of project
|Buildings||Civil works||ICC Catalonia|
|Units: Annual (base 1994=100).|
|Source: Cambra Oficial de Contractistes d'Obra de Catalunya.|
|- Indicator pending update, awaiting a review of the methodology.|
|- (p) Provisional data.|
Last update: March 14, 2016.
Definition of concepts
- Construction costs index
- Measure of the monthly evolution of construction activity broken down into buildings and civil works. The data is obtained by means of a survey aimed at companies in the sector.
The construction costs index is a indicator based on a survey that shows the price of basic components in the cost structure of a project, in other words the price of the construction materials delivered onsite (sale price plus transport) and labour costs (salaries plus payroll taxes for days worked).
This basic information is then used to draw up three index numbers which reflect changes in the cost of constructing a building, the cost of constructing civil engineering works and the cost of a project in which neither type is predominant, which is called total construction cost as it includes both main types.
The statistical series for Spain is not strictly uniform with the one for Catalonia as different sources are used to draw up the index. In both cases the base for the index is December 1994.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
- Buildings started and surface area. By destination
- Buildings started. By destination. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Buildings started. Surface area. By destination. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts. By type of building. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts. By projected surface area. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing starts with state subsidy. By type of subsidisation. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Housing completions. By type of building. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Rehabilitated and subsidised homes. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Cement. Production, sale and export
- Cement. Consumption and import
- Intensity of construction. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Construction costs index. By type of project
- Construction costs index. By type of project. Rate of change
- Official tender in construction. By contactor and type of project
- Official tender in construction. By contactor and type of project. Rate of change
- Mortgages. By type of property
- Housing market
- Main aggregates of the real estate sector
- Housing construction
- Industry · Energy
- Environment · Territory