|SISCAT||Other centres (1)||Total|
|Conca de Barberà||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Pla de l'Estany||1||100||2||42||3||142|
|Source: Ministry of Health.|
|- The data is taken from the Register of sanitary centres, services and establishments. Includes therapeutic communities for drug addiction.|
|- SISCAT Centres forming part of the Network of Hospitals for Public Use in care of acute admissions.|
|- (1) Centres not included in the SISCAT part of whose activity in the hospitalisation of acute admissions is contracted by the Catalan Health Service.|
Definition of concepts
- Hospital centre
- Centre that provides a permanent service, including admission, with medical and nursing care, and that provides beds for continuous attention. Hospital centres are classified according to the type of hospital care given: acute admission, socio-sanitary and psychiatric to which they dedicate 80% or more of their operative beds. If a centre provides more than one type of care, without any of them reaching 80%, then they are classed as mixed hospitals.
- Hospital bed
- Bed that is regularly attended to by medical and nursing staff, located in an area of a hospital centre and that offers ongoing care to the admitted patients. Includes incubators and only operative beds. Excluded from this category are beds for births, for healthy neonates, for anaesthesia and reanimation, for unit observation or casualty services, for external consultancy and for people accompanying patients. They can be classified as two different types: care of acute patients and socio-sanitary care.
For the data on hospital equipment there are two sources, both from the Department of Health. First, there is the Register of Health Centres, Services and Establishments, which basically provides information related to the location in the territory of centres that have received the corresponding administrative authorisation (health and county map). A second source of data are the Statistics on Health Establishment with Internment Schemes (EESRI), which provide annual information on the structure, resources, care and economies of hospital centres located in Catalonia. The EESRI statistics have been generated since 1980 by the Department of Health and are coordinated on a state level in association with the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality.
Recently, Law 23/2010, of July 22, divides Catalonia into eight territorial planning areas with the incorporation of the Penedès region. This new territorial area includes the counties of Alt Penedès, l'Anoia, el Baix Penedès and el Garraf. In consequence, the territorial boundaries of the area of Metropolità, Comarques centrals and Camp de Tarragona are modified, and their data is therefore not directly comparable with previous years.
Data on December 31.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Current hospital facilities. By type of concert and type of hospital
- Non-hospital centres. By ownership. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Non-hospital centres. By type of care. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Hospital beds. By type. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Centres and hospital beds. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Pharmacies. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Health professionals
- Hospital activity
- Economic Activity
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory