Facilities for the elderly. Residences. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
|Public initiative||Social initiative||Business initiative||Total|
|Conca de Barberà||220||0||60||280|
|Pla de l'Estany||0||138||526||664|
|Camp de Tarragona||796||647||2,275||3,718|
|Terres de l'Ebre||422||381||811||1,614|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||259||351||170||780|
|Source: Ministry of Social Rights.|
Last update: July 12, 2022.Statistics SSGG
Definition of concepts
- Residence for the elderly
- Centre that offers residential placement of a permanent or temporary nature to elderly people. There are two such types of service: residential home services and assisted living residential services. The former are addressed at elderly people that have sufficient capacity and autonomy to organise their own everyday activities, but that need certain levels of organisation and personal support. The latter, providing integral care, are addressed at elderly people that do not have a high enough level of autonomy to perform everyday activities and that require constant care and supervision, and that are in socio-familiar conditions that require a place in substitution of their home.
- Specialised care social service
- Level of specific action aimed at the diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, support and rehabilitation of the social deficits of people belonging to collectives or segments of the population due to the singularity of their needs. These services are provided by specialised professionals and depending on different cases, may use community, daytime or residential services along with other adequate resources for said purpose.
The Catalan social services system is the coordinated set of personal services, facilities, activities, economic benefits and of prevention, care and social promotion in Catalonia, which aims to ensure the participation of all citizens in the benefits of social life. Is specifically designed for individuals, families or groups who, by having difficulties in the development and integration into society, lack of personal autonomy, physical, mental or sensory disabilities, family problems or suffer social marginalization, are creditors of collective and caring effort.
The system is divided functionally into primary care social services and social services of specialized care, and is organized territorially in key areas of social services, sectors of county, regional and territorial areas of Catalonia, and in the following areas of action: care for family, childhood and adolescence; care for people with disabilities, old age care and treatment of drug addicts.
The accommodation facilities are directed to persons aged 65 and over in a situation of dependence. The assignment of a residential centre is conducted through Individual Care Program (PAI), developed by public social services, which determines the most appropriate methods of intervention to the needs of people in situations of dependence on services and economic benefits provided for in resolution by his degree and level.
Includes both modalities: residential home services and assisted living residential services.
Is temporary or permanent and is for elderly people with a degree of autonomy to the activities of daily living that require a certain level of organization and personal support. The main objective is to facilitate a replacement of the home environment.
The functions performed by this service are: accommodation, maintenance, hospitality, social harmony and personal support.
The home residence consists of a housing with communal facilities and a professional team formed by a service manager and a hygienic and sanitary responsible and sufficient staff to provide adequate delivery of the functions of accommodation, maintenance, hospitality, social harmony and personal support so as to ensure the permanent and continuously presence 24 hours a day.
They are permanent or temporary and of comprehensive assistance, and are directed to elderly people who do not have a degree of autonomy to perform activities of daily living, need constant supervision and have a social and family situation that requires replacing the household. The service is tailored to the degree of dependence of the users, and the professional staff working with them is multidisciplinary.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
- Housing and dwellings
- Household income and expenditure
- People with recognised disability
- Social services facilites for disabled people. By type of facility. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Residences. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Day centres. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the children and adolescents. Centres and places. By type. Counties and Aran
- Basic social services. Professionals. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- National Insurance
- Social protection
- Social protection accounts
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory