Basic social services. Professionals. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
|Social work diplomas||Social education diplomas||Home care (hours)|
|Conca de Barberà||6||2||11,686|
|Pla de l'Estany||8||4||47,140|
|Camp de Tarragona||119||69||422,625|
|Terres de l'Ebre||93||57||197,039|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||50||28||189,377|
|Source: Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.|
|Note: (1) Basic primary social care teams financed by the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.|
Last update: January 22, 2019.Statistics SSBB
Definition of concepts
- Primary social care services
- Immediate point of access to the Catalan social service system, the first level of the same and the closest to the user and family and social environments. These services are provided by multi-professional teams and are aimed at all people that live in Catalonia and especially those suffering from social problems.
The Catalan social services system is a coordinated set of personal services, establishments, financial benefits and general activities for prevention, care and social promotion that exist in Catalonia, and which seek participation of all citizens in social welfare benefits. They are especially aimed at people, families and groups that, due to difficulties with development or integration in society, a lack of personal autonomy, physical, psychological or sensorial disabilities, family problems or some kind of social marginalisation, require collective attention and solidarity.
The system is functionally structured into primary care social services and specialised care social services; and territorially is sectored into the basic areas of social services, county sectors, regional sectors and territorial areas of Catalonia in the followings fields of activity: family, child and adolescent care; care for the disabled; care for the elderly and care for drug addicts.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
- Housing and dwellings
- Household income and expenditure
- People with recognised disability
- Social services facilites for disabled people. By type of facility. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Residences. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Day centres. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the children and adolescents. Centres and places. By type. Counties and Aran
- Basic social services. Professionals. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- National Insurance
- Social protection
- Social protection accounts
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory