- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Demography · Society
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Judicial activity
Social jurisdiction. Social courts. Provinces
|Source: Ministry of Justice, based on data from the General Council of the Judiciary.|
Last update: October 5, 2022.Statistics JUTTRI
Definition of concepts
- Social courts
- Judicial bodies with competence for labour issues and Social Security in a provincial or inter-provincial area. The affairs these resolve can be classed as collective conflicts, individual conflicts and Social Security conflicts.
- Declaration of judgement and resolution by the judge.
The courts of general jurisdiction are organized into different areas of law because of the matter of the affairs they know. The areas of law are: criminal, civil, social and contentious-administrative proceedings.
Other organizational criterium is the territory, according to the territorial scope of their competences, which can be state, regional, supra provincial, provincial, infra provincial, judicial district or municipal.
Finally, the judicial bodies are classified in unipersonal (courts) and collegiate bodies (courts of law), according to the number of persons in charge.
The highest judicial body in all areas of law is the Supreme Court with jurisdiction in all Spanish territory. Another court with jurisdiction in all of Spain is the National High Court specialised in the knowledge of criminal, contentious and social matters over an autnomous community jurisdiction.
With jurisdiction in all the Spanish territory and out of the general jurisdiction, the Constitutional Court is specialised in the knowledge of all appeals on grounds of unconstitutionality of laws and norms, of appeals for legal protection due to violation of fundamental rights and of conflicts of jurisdiction between the State and the Autonomous Communities or among these ones.
Types of judicial bodies
The following judicial bodies have seat in Catalonia:
- High Court of Justice of Catalonia
- Provincial Courts
- Senior Courts
- First Instance and Preliminary Investigations Courts
- Family Courts and Status and Legal Capacity of Natural Persons Courts
- Mercantile Courts
- Courts of the Civil Status Register exclusively
- Courts on Violence against Women
- Juvenile Courts
- Execution Courts
- Criminal Courts
- Social Courts
- Court for Contentious Administrative Proceedings
- Magistrates Courts
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Culture · Language
Justice · Public order and safety
- Judicial activity
- Prison population
- Juvenile justice
- Public safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory