|Source: Departament de Governació i Administracions Públiques.|
|- (1) Includes independent groups and non-parliamentary parties.|
|- Since the electoral process of 2015, the votes of municipal elections by parties have ceased to be updated. This information can be obtained from the Ministry of Governance, Public Administrations and Housing.|
Last update: October 4, 2016.Statistics ELEM
Definition of concepts
- Electoral regulations
- The current electoral regulation in the State of Spain states in its criteria that it applies the system of proportional representation with complete, closed and blocked candidatures. The distribution of seats (whether seats in Parliament or governors of consistories) is made in accordance with Hondt's mathematical method. There are minimum percentages (3% for elections to the Parliament of Catalonia and legislative elections and 5% for local elections) by which parties or coalitions that have not obtained the same do not come into the distribution of seats.
The chapter on elections provides detailed information about the last time each type of election was held: European Parliament, general elections for the Congress of Deputies, Parliament of Catalonia, municipal elections and referendums. Also, with respect to previous editions, the results are presented for Catalonia as a whole in order to be able to offer comparable series.
In the tables only votes for parties that obtained representation are listed, while other parties, coalitions or groups of electors have been grouped as a single category of "others". The list of the different acronyms and meanings of the parties and coalitions that are included among said "others" in all of the tables have not been included in this Annual.
Since the electoral process of 2015, the votes of municipal elections by parties have ceased to be updated. This information can be obtained from the Ministry of Governance, Public Administrations and Housing.
|CiU||Convergència i Unió|
|ERC||Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya|
|IC-V||Iniciativa per Catalunya-Verds|
|PSC||Partit dels Socialistes de Catalunya|
|CDS||Centre Democràtic i Social|
It should be noted that the acronyms used in the table headings do not always correspond exactly to the names different parties or coalitions used in officially standing for elections.
For full details of all of the coalitions and groups, we refer readers to specific publications of an electoral nature.
In the county tables, the different candidatures are ordered from the highest to the lowest number of votes obtained for each of the parties in Catalonia as a whole and for each type of election.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Culture · Language
- European Parliament
- Spanish Parliament
- Catalan Parliament
- Municipal elections. Electors and vots. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Municipal elections. Turnout and abstention. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Municipal elections. Governors. Counties and Aran, and provinces
- Municipal elections. Governors. By candidacies. Provinces
- County councils. Councillors. Counties
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory