Social services facilites for disabled people. By type of facility. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
|Residential centres||Residential homes||Specialised care centres||Occupational centres||Total|
|Conca de Barberà||0||0||2||19||0||0||2||66||4||85|
|Pla de l'Estany||2||30||1||18||0||0||2||71||5||119|
|Camp de Tarragona||8||443||18||281||2||25||25||949||53||1,698|
|Terres de l'Ebre||3||76||8||141||1||12||39||410||51||639|
|Alt Pirineu i Aran||0||0||4||41||0||0||8||142||12||183|
|Source: Ministry of Social Rights.|
Last update: July 12, 2022.Statistics SSDISC
Definition of concepts
- Specialised care centre
- Centre that offers daytime placement and care services for people with serious disabilities that, due to their high level of affectation, need care and support for their day to day activities and when this service cannot be provided by any other daily service forming part of the general network of the education system.
- Occupational centre
- Centre offering services that pertain to two modalities : occupational therapy service and occupational labour insertion therapy. These services are addressed at facilitating their beneficiaries with daytime care of a rehabilitation nature in order for, in accordance with each individual's capacities, them to become as integrated in society as possible. The beneficiaries are disabled people of a working age that have not managed to achieve integration in the employment environment.
- Residential centre
- Centre that offers residential placement services of a temporary or permanent nature that serve as replacements for the home, and are equipped to host people with a high level of affectation that need care and support in their daily activities, and that for family or social reasons, or due to geographical location, are unable to live in their own homes, such that it is essential for them to be admitted temporarily or permanently into a centre of such characteristics.
- Physical disability
- It is divided into two types: Motor: Physical disability suffering people who have affected the ability to move for various reasons (birth defects, accidents, brain injury...). Non-motor: Physical disability with people who for organic causes cannot develop a full life (fatigue, coronary heart disease, kidney disease, lung disease...).
- Intellectual disability
- Disability presented by persons who, for both congenital and acquired causes, have mental deficiencies. This group is characterized by intellectual function below average and ease of understanding and information reduced. This category does not include people with mental illness.
- Residential home
- Residence offering services that pertain to two modalities: residences with support service and residential home. The former are developed in the physical structure of an ordinary home that constitutes the usual residence of the people that live in it and are aimed at disabled people that have sufficient capacity and autonomy to organise their own everyday activities, but that as a result of their disability, need specialist, personal or community support. The latter are residential placement services, of a temporary or permanent nature, which substitute the home and are developed within an establishment and are aimed at disabled people that need permanent or temporary supervision and/or assistance in order for them to cope with everyday activities.
- Specialised care social service
- Level of specific action aimed at the diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, support and rehabilitation of the social deficits of people belonging to collectives or segments of the population due to the singularity of their needs. These services are provided by specialised professionals and depending on different cases, may use community, daytime or residential services along with other adequate resources for said purpose.
The Catalan social services system is the coordinated set of personal services, facilities, activities, economic benefits and of prevention, care and social promotion in Catalonia, which aims to ensure the participation of all citizens in the benefits of social life. Is specifically designed for individuals, families or groups who, by having difficulties in the development and integration into society, lack of personal autonomy, physical, mental or sensory disabilities, family problems or suffer social marginalization, are creditors of collective and caring effort.
The system is divided functionally into primary care social services and social services of specialized care, and is organized territorially in key areas of social services, sectors of county, regional and territorial areas of Catalonia, and in the following areas of action: care for family, childhood and adolescence; care for people with disabilities, old age care and treatment of drug addicts.
Location services can be temporary or permanent.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
Quality of life
- Living conditions
- Housing and dwellings
- Household income and expenditure
- People with recognised disability
- Social services facilites for disabled people. By type of facility. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Residences. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the elderly. Day centres. By ownership. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Facilities for the children and adolescents. Centres and places. By type. Counties and Aran
- Basic social services. Professionals. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- National Insurance
- Social protection
- Social protection accounts
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory