|Residents in Catalonia||20,766||11.0|
|Residents outside of Catalonia||1,119||32.1|
|(1) the rest of Spain||181||19.1|
|Source: Ministry of Health. The Register of Voluntary Pregnancy Terminations.|
The information on legally performed abortions in Catalonia comes from the data collected by the Register of Elective Abortions, created by the Ministry of Health in 1987. This register systematically complies all operations performed in the centres certified for this health procedure that fall under the circumstances set out in the current legal regulations.
This information is processed on a quarter-over-quarter basis by the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality, which produces the statistics on legal abortions corresponding to Spain as a whole. Concurrently, this ministry provides the Ministry of Health with the data on abortions by women residents of Catalonia carried out in the other autonomous communities of Spain, thus completing the information regarding all women residents of Catalonia.
- Life expectancy at different ages
- Rate of health care professionals
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By place of residence
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By age groups and marital status
- Persons legally recognised as being disabled. By type of disability