|Total trips||to Catalonia||to the rest of Spain||abroad||Overnight stays||Average length of stay (nights)||Day trips|
|Source: Idescat, based on data of the INE's Residents Travel Survey.|
|Note: Between 14 March and 21 June 2020, it is in force the Royal Decree 463/2020, of 14 March, which declares the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by Covid-19.|
|(*) Estimate with high variability.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
The Tourism of residents in Catalonia statistic involves data processed by Idescat based on the Residents Travel Survey from the INE.
Its goal is to measure the number of tourism trips and day trips by residents in Catalonia, and the expenditure associated of said trips.
Trips refer to a stay in a main destination outside people's usual environment, involving at least one overnight stay, for a duration of less than one year and when the main reason for the visit (including business, leisure and other personal reasons) is not connected with a job in a company established in the location visited.
Day trips refer to those stays in a main destination outside people's usual environment, involving no overnight stay. Said visits must meet the following characteristics:
- The point of departure must be the person's usual environment.
- The visit cannot be part of the person's daily routine.
- It must have a duration of at least three hours.
- Its frequency must be less than once per week.
The Residents Travel Survey considers that people's usual environment is their own municipality.
From year 1996 to January 2015, the Spanish Institute of Tourism was in charge of producing the Residents Travel Survey. Starting in February 2015, the body in charge of said operations is the INE. Said shift of responsibilities also entailed a change in the design and methodology of the surveys, which means the data will not be entirely comparable to previous series.
You can get more information about these statistics in the methodology.
Available tables [+]
- Culture · Language
- Household income and expenditure
- Companies · Finances
- Foreign investment and trade
- Research · Technology
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy
- Hotel establishments. Travellers and occupancy rate
- Hotel establishments. Travellers. By origin
- Hotel establishments. Travellers and occupancy rate. By categories
- Hotel establishments. Travellers and occupancy rate. By tourism brands
- Hotel establishments. Overnight stays
- Hotel establishments. Overnight stays. By origin
- Hotel establishments. Overnight stays. By categories
- Hotel establishments. Overnight stays. By tourism brands
- Hotel Sector Profitability Indicators. By categories
- Hotel Sector Profitability Indicators. By tourism brands
- Campsites. Travellers and occupancy rate
- Campsites. Travellers and occupancy rate. By categories
- Campsites. Travellers and occupancy rate. By tourism brands
- Campsites. Overnight stays
- Campsites. Overnight stays. By categories
- Campsites. Overnight stays. By tourism brands
- Rural tourism. Travellers and occupancy rate
- Rural tourism. Travellers and occupancy rate. By tourism brands
- Rural tourism. Overnight stays
- Rural tourism. Overnight stays. By tourism brands
- Foreign visitors. Tourists and day-trippers
- Foreign tourists. By country of residence
- Foreign tourists. Declared expenditure
- Foreign tourists (2001-2015 quaterly series). By origin
- Tourism of residents in Catalonia. Trips and day trips
- Tourism of residents in Catalonia. Declared expenditure
- Tourism in Catalonia of residents in the rest of Spain. Trips and day trips
- Tourism in Catalonia of residents in the rest of Spain. Declared expenditure
- Relative Prices Indicator of International Tourism in Catalonia
- Market Share Indicator of International Tourism in Catalonia
- Employed persons in the tourism sector. By sex and professional situation