Long-term unemployment rate (08.40)
|Source Catalonia: Idescat, based on the INE's Active Population Survey. Source Spain and European Union: Eurostat.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Last update: February 18, 2021.
The indicator measures the share of the economically active population aged 15 to 74 who has been unemployed for 12 months or more. In the case of Catalonia and Spain, the active population (numerator) is 16 to 74 years of age.
Unemployed persons are defined as all persons who were without work during the reference week, were currently available for work and were either actively seeking work in the last four weeks or had already found a job to start within the next three months. The unemployment period is defined as the duration of a job search, or as the length of time since the last job was held (if shorter than the time spent on a job search).
The economically active population comprises employed and unemployed persons.
Data stem from the EU Labour Force Survey (EU-LFS). In the case of Catalonia and Spain, it is in the INE’s Labour Force Survey integrated.
Available tables [+]
- Goal 1: No poverty
- Goal 2: Zero hunger
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being
- Goal 4: Quality education
- Goal 5: Gender equality
- Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy
Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Real GDP per capita (08.10)
- Investment share of GDP by institutional sectors (08.11)
- Young people neither in employment nor in education and training (NEET) (08.20)
- Young people neither in employment nor in education and training. By citizenship (08.20a)
- Employment rate (08.30)
- Employment rate. By citizenship (08.30a)
- Long-term unemployment rate (08.40)
- In work at-risk-of-poverty rate (01.41)
- Inactive population due to caring responsibilities (05.40)
- Resource productivity and domestic material consumption (DMC) (12.20)
- Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
- Goal 13: Climate action
- Goal 14: Life below water
- Goal 15: Life on land
- Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals