|Source Catalonia: Idescat. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Last update: February 18, 2021.
The indicator is defined as the percentage of people aged 20–24 who have successfully completed at least upper secondary education. This educational attainment refers to ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) 2011 level 3–8 for data from 2014 onwards and to ISCED 1997 level 3–6 for data up to 2013.
Both the numerator and the denominator come from the EU Labour Force Survey (LFS).
The indicator aims to measure the share of the population that is likely to have the minimum necessary qualifications to actively participate in social and economic life. It should be noted that completion of upper secondary education can be achieved in European countries after varying lengths of study, according to different national educational systems.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Students enrolled. By educational levels
- Students of tertiary education levels. By study areas
- Population aged 20 to 24 that has completed secondary education. By sex
- Tertiary educational attainment. By sex. Age group 30-34
- Early leavers from education and training. By sex
- Life-long learning of the population aged 25 to 64. By sex
- Public expenditure on education relative to GDP
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory