|Source Catalonia: Idescat. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
|Note: Target EU-28 (10%); target Spain (15%)|
Last update: February 7, 2020. Revised series on May 6, 2020.
This indicator shows the percentage of the population aged 18–24 with at most lower secondary education compared to the total population in the same age group.
Early leavers from education and training refers to persons aged 18–24 who fulfil the following conditions: the highest level of education or training attained is codes 0, 1 or 2 (less than primary, primary and first stage of secondary education) of the CINE-2011 (ISCED), and respondents declared not having received any education or training in the four weeks preceding the survey.
The CINE-2011 (ISCED) classification came into force in 2014 and the results before this date have been calculated in accordance with the CINE-97 ISCED classification. It is considered that studies have been prematurely abandoned when the highest level of education attained corresponds to codes 0, 1, 2 or initial 3c (pre-primary, primary and first stage of secondary education).
Both the numerators and the denominators come from the EU Labour Force Survey (LFS). In the case of Catalonia and Spain, the data come from the INE's Labour Force Survey.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Students enrolled. By educational levels
- Students of tertiary education levels. By study areas
- Population aged 20 to 24 that has completed secondary education. By sex
- Tertiary educational attainment. By sex. Age group 30-34
- Early leavers from education and training. By sex
- Life-long learning of the population aged 25 to 64. By sex
- Public expenditure on education relative to GDP
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory